- Get undivided attention from UCAT experts
- Decide on what you’d like to cover in each session
- Determine the duration & frequency of your sessions
UCAT Individual Course
PRIVATE & COMPLETELY CUSTOMISABLE
About the Individual Course
You have complete autonomy over how your sessions are structured. If you’re looking for flexibility without compromising your UCAT performance, this individual course will allow you to build your fully personalised study plan with your designated UCAT trainers. These individual sessions will help you to…
- Build a solid foundation & understanding of the UCAT curriculum
- Improve your weak areas
- Work on the application of concepts learnt
- Answer difficult questions
- Improve on your time management skills
In Abstract Reasoning Concept Class, students will learn how to infer relationships from information by convergent and divergent thinking and redirect a line of thought.
In this section there are four different types of questions:
- Type 1: You will be presented with two sets of shapes labelled “Set A” and “Set B”. will be given a test shape and asked to decide whether the test shape belongs to Set A, Set B or Neither.
- Type 2: You will be presented with a series of shapes. You will be asked to select the next shape in the series.
- Type 3: You will be presented with a statement, involving a group of shapes. You will be asked to determine which shape completes the statement.
- Type 4: You will be presented with two sets of shapes labelled “Set A” and “ Set B”. You will be asked to select which of the four response options belongs to Set A or Set B.
The Verbal Reasoning concept class help students to be very discerning in order to understand what information the passage gives them. Our experts will teach students how to tackle various types of questions tested in the UCAT Verbal Reasoning section of the exam.
In the following passage, read only the beginning and the end of each paragraph.
Even older retired people are feeling the pinch of financial uncertainty and golf is once again seen as a luxury that people can live without in order to save money. This is unfortunate as we have a larger population of older people than ever before. If more affordable, golf is a beneficial activity in terms of exercise and social interaction, both of which are so important to an ageing population who may suffer from loneliness and depression.
Which of the following can be inferred from the passage?
- Playing golf is now the best exercise for elderly people.
- Playing golf is cheaper now than it ever has been.
- Fewer people play golf now than have done previously.
- More women play golf now than businessmen.
For Quantitative Reasoning Concept Class, students will be taught how to tackle questions that tests students on their numerical skills and data interpretation skills, to solve problems. The questions are all information- based; there will be tables, charts, graphs, and/or direct information to be used to solve the questions.
Common Topics include:
- Income Tax
- Time Zone
- Currency Conversions
UK Income tax allowance, rates and bands:
- Personal tax allowance – £5000
- Current UK Income tax bands:
|Income Tax Band||Taxable Income||2015-2016 Rate|
|Starting Rate||£0 – £2000||10%|
|Basic Rate||£2001 – £20,000||20%|
|Higher Rate||Over £20,000||40%|
How much tax would Anne have to pay If she earned £6,500 in 2015?
In Decision Making Concept Class, students will be drilled on high-level problem solving skills.
This section has 6 different types of problem solving questions. They are mainly Logic Puzzle, Syllogism, Evaluating Arguments, Sets and Venn Diagrams, Probability, Data Interpretation.
Sample Question: Logic Puzzle
An exam proctor is assigning seats to 4 students – M, N, O and P.
The proctor has a single column of 8 seats one behind the other available, and seats the students so that none of them sits immediately next to a fellow student.
If M sits behind P, how many seats could M possibly end up sitting on?
In Situational Judgement Concept Class, students will be given scenario training. This section tests students on ethics as it is extremely important to differentiate right from wrong as a doctor.
A medical student, Gemma, is observing a patient consultation conducted by Dr Mitchell. Dr Mitchell is updating the patient’s medical records on the computer. He asks the patient whether he is allergic to penicillin, to which the patient replies Yes. However, Gemma notices that Dr Mitchell types No as the response to the quesiton on the computer record.
How appropriate are each of the following response by Gemma in the situation?
Change the computer record after Dr Mitchell and the patient have left the room, to avoid Dr Mitchell being embarrassed
- A very appropriate thing to do
- Appropriate, but not ideal
- Inappropriate, but not awful
- A very inappropriate thing to do
Our Individual Course Packages
The no. of individual hours you would like to utilise is entirely based on the amount of preparation you need.
Starts from SGD 2,388.00
Starts from SGD 4,288.00
30 hours ++
Our Course Includes
ISC Medical UCAT
Prep Zone Academy’s UCAT Roadmap (printed set of slides covered in class)
Free access to our UCAT library & practice tests
Medical School Admissions Consultation Session
Register your interest
We also offer UCAT Group & Hybrid Courses. The UCAT Hybrid Course is a combination of both our UCAT Group Course & a certain number of individual hours. To find out more about our courses, fill in the form below and we will get in touch with you. You can also drop us a call at +65 6812 9999.