Unsure if Prep Zone Academy’s UCAT Course is the right option for you? Simply register for a UCAT trial class with us! Group and individual trial class available. Experience our UCAT experts and better gauge your readiness for the test.
Sign Up In 3 Simple Steps
1. Register for Free Trial Class
Upon registration, you will receive an email confirmation. We will be contacting you shortly to schedule the session.
2. Schedule Trial Class
Provide us with your availability and subject of choice – we will schedule the session for you. The trial class is available online or in-person at either of our offices (Springleaf Tower & Rochester Mall).
3. Get Ready for Lesson!
Bring your keen interest to learn! Notes or other training materials will be provided during lesson.
Subjects Offered For Trial Class
In Abstract Reasoning Concept Class, students will learn how to infer relationships from information by convergent and divergent thinking and redirect a line of thought.
In this section there are four different types of questions:
- Type 1: You will be presented with two sets of shapes labelled “Set A” and “Set B”. will be given a test shape and asked to decide whether the test shape belongs to Set A, Set B or Neither.
- Type 2: You will be presented with a series of shapes. You will be asked to select the next shape in the series.
- Type 3: You will be presented with a statement, involving a group of shapes. You will be asked to determine which shape completes the statement.
- Type 4: You will be presented with two sets of shapes labelled “Set A” and “ Set B”. You will be asked to select which of the four response options belongs to Set A or Set B.
The Verbal Reasoning concept class help students to be very discerning in order to understand what information the passage gives them. Our experts will teach students how to tackle various types of questions tested in the UCAT Verbal Reasoning section of the exam.
In the following passage, read only the beginning and the end of each paragraph.
Even older retired people are feeling the pinch of financial uncertainty and golf is once again seen as a luxury that people can live without in order to save money. This is unfortunate as we have a larger population of older people than ever before. If more affordable, golf is a beneficial activity in terms of exercise and social interaction, both of which are so important to an ageing population who may suffer from loneliness and depression.
Which of the following can be inferred from the passage?
- Playing golf is now the best exercise for elderly people.
- Playing golf is cheaper now than it ever has been.
- Fewer people play golf now than have done previously.
- More women play golf now than businessmen.
For Quantitative Reasoning Concept Class, students will be taught how to tackle questions that tests students on their numerical skills and data interpretation skills, to solve problems. The questions are all information- based; there will be tables, charts, graphs, and/or direct information to be used to solve the questions.
Common Topics include:
- Income Tax
- Time Zone
- Currency Conversions
UK Income tax allowance, rates and bands:
- Personal tax allowance – £5000
- Current UK Income tax bands:
|Income Tax Band||Taxable Income||2015-2016 Rate|
|Starting Rate||£0 – £2000||10%|
|Basic Rate||£2001 – £20,000||20%|
|Higher Rate||Over £20,000||40%|
How much tax would Anne have to pay If she earned £6,500 in 2015?
In Decision Making Concept Class, students will be drilled on high-level problem solving skills.
This section has 6 different types of problem solving questions. They are mainly Logic Puzzle, Syllogism, Evaluating Arguments, Sets and Venn Diagrams, Probability, Data Interpretation.
Sample Question: Logic Puzzle
An exam proctor is assigning seats to 4 students – M, N, O and P.
The proctor has a single column of 8 seats one behind the other available, and seats the students so that none of them sits immediately next to a fellow student.
If M sits behind P, how many seats could M possibly end up sitting on?
In Situational Judgement Concept Class, students will be given scenario training. This section tests students on ethics as it is extremely important to differentiate right from wrong as a doctor.
Lesley is a medical student observing a doctor working with a patient. This patient has show a tendency to make up false symptoms. When the doctor leaves the room to take a phone call, the patient suddenly clutches her chest and complains of sharp pains.
How appropriate is the following response by Lesley in this situation?
Try to calm down the patient and wait for the doctor to return.
- A very appropriate thing to do
- Appropriate, but not ideal
- Inappropriate, but not awful
- A very inappropriate thing to do
Free Trial Class Registration
Please note that all trial class slots are subjected to availability. Our friendly staff will get in touch with you to finalise the trial slot within the next 48 hours.
For any additional inquiries regarding our course or the trial class, contact our hotline at +65 6812 9999.